Sunday, October 22, 2006

Visiting Paradise (sort of)




















When I heard of this exhibit in the Botanical Gardens I could not wait to see it. Bruce and I went in July, but it was just too hot. So we returned to Atlanta in September. What a delight. The day was clear and bright, the sky a deep blue, the sculptures were so much fun. I found myself running from one to the next like a madwoman, searching out every crevasse of the gardens.





There was everything in this show. The Nana House, the reminder/celebration of death that was a huge skull, filled with light, mosaic inside and out, the bathing beauties, the amazing animals that looked like they belonged in a desert, the church of all religions, the thin man, the sports stars she created for her grandchildren, the totems and the guardian lions. This was a celebration of her work, her vision, her life.

It was the finest gift Bruce could have given me, to take me there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brenda Griffith said...

I am so glad you enjoyed it! I am just sorry we couldn't go with you to see it all over again. I am *still* energized for building a mosaic wall around a pond next year because of that exhibit.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Brenda Griffith said...

It's been TOO LONG since you blogged! Here's a jump start: You have been tagged for a meme. http://strandedinthesouth.blogspot.com/2007/06/tagged-for-meme.html

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home