Sunday, March 19, 2006

Surprise Update...

Brought the whole lot of color study trays to the gallery this morning. Manager wasn't in this weekend, but she had seen the images and said bring them in. We didn't get to talk price, I imagine she will get sticker shock at the price I gave the work. If I price them any lower, then I don't make enough money on them to make the work worth my while. If they want more of the older work, I will make some for them, albeit reluctantly.

It was nice to get gallery staff feedback on the trays as they unwrapped the package; they loved the depth of color and the silken feel of the coldworked glass.

I went to see the owner of the gallery in their second location and chatted him up a bit. He showed me the press release for the juried show of the National Capitol Art Glass Guild that they will be hosting in May. (I was juried in with the Out of Asia piece.) Aside from the work I have donated to the Pilchuck Auctions, this is the first piece juried into a show in two years. I have crappy photos to blame for that. One day maybe I will find a photographer who works well for me. Either that or I will have to set up a studio of my own....

I cleared the use of french cleats for hanging the piece in the show. It's always a worry of mine, that the gallery will refuse to screw holes into walls.

I was amazed to see the new line of Peggy Kar work, the fuzion line. I actually like these. The bright colors, the retro/mod designs. The design is a world apart from her other work and truly sabroso. I don't think I ever imagined that she could do abstract or pop.

My brain is tired, my back is tired, and I can't really think. This stream of unconsciousness has to stop... now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brenda Griffith said...

I meant to post this yesterday and didn't get to it. I have an excellent photographer here. He does nothing but art/craft photography in many media (and he teaches photography at a local community college). He works with people who ship so the weekend you come and play in the studio you can meet him, bring some stuff for him to photograph as a test, and see how it goes.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Brenda Griffith said...

Glass artists need to hit the road occasionnally and hang with other glass artists. And you could meet Licha who has relocated here from Seattle. Her glass cronies include Els Vanderende, Delores Taylor, Patty Gray, Becky Bergsma, Doug Randall and Barbara Bader so we can stretch from the east coast to the west coast here.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home