Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Early Morning Panic Fest

Today is not getting off to an auspicious beginning. Or perhaps I have tried to do too many things all at once?Last week I paid a deposit on the group French Cleat order, nearly $3000. I also bought two airline tickets for our trip to France this summer. I also paid a deposit on an apartment for the time in Paris. What happens this morning? I check my bank account and discover that not only have I paid the $2500 for the airline tickets, but because the charge went through separately, the first authorization, placing $2500 on hold is also in effect and should be until at least Thursday.

Uh, I don't have an extra $2400 to spare today. We just paid a bunch of bills, and the last checks from the French cleat advances haven't been deposited yet. Full scale early morning panic attack. I call the bank, they are no help. I call Air France, they are no help. I panic some more. I can make a trip to one bank and withdraw some money to deposit to this account but it will take me time I can't afford today -- busy busy day in the office!

I enlist Bruce's help. Some calls I don't want to make from cubicle land. Bruce calls Tony who says he hasn't deposited the french cleat deposit check and will wait a day. Pfewsh! I really hate panic days, and the thought of bouncing the cleat check was making me beyond ill....

1 Comments:

Blogger Brenda Griffith said...

I am so glad to hear it worked out! *Nothing* causes a panic for me like misjuggled finances. And ooooh I envy you your vacation in Paris! An apartment and everything!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home